Wednesday, March 16, 2011

hot hot heat

I'd forgot what it feels like to have a hangover, thanks to years of uncharacteristically responsible drinking...

...that is, until I got here. Everytime I go out, I come home feeling like a beef jerky with a splitting headache. Even thought I drink (like) ten litres of water a day. I guess I'm pretty good at sweating it all out. Today's high: 45 (113) degrees

Oh yeah. And yesterday we had a surprise hail storm.




























A courtesy picture of the countryside. I think this place is described as a "mid desert" or something like that. Much drier than the tropical south, but more vegetation (and water, when there is water) than a true desert.














Quite a pleasant place, really. Some of the biggest trees here are mango trees. I never associated mango trees with big-ness, but there they are, huge lush thick green trees surrounded by sand and dust and dead grass.

No comments: